Only twelve months ago, you and your husband stood and exchanged your vows. Seems like only yesterday right? This is just the first year in what will hopefully be a long and successful marriage. So it’s time to celebrate all that you’ve learnt and achieved so far.
You’ve only really just started learning about each other. So facing the task of finding first wedding anniversary gifts for your husband might be looking a bit daunting. Don’t get into a panic because we’re going to help. We’ll help out by giving you some friendly advice and suggestions for the kind of gifts you can buy. When you’ve read all that we’ve got to say, it’ll be time for you to grab the bull by the horns and make this first anniversary full of good memories. Not just for your loving husband, but for you as well.
First wedding anniversary gift ideas for your husband
A good place to start will be by sharing some excellent gifts that connect with the theme for first anniversary gifts for your husband. The traditional theme is paper, and there are lots of cool ideas that will tickle the heartstrings of all kinds of husbands. After all, we fully appreciate that husbands, and not forgetting wives, come in all shapes and sizes. We’ll also look at the options for gifts for a wife, but here we’re going to concentrate on that special man in your life.
24k Gold-Dipped Poker Cars
- A deck of playable poker cards dipped in pure 24k gold.
- Each deck is produced to the highest tournament standards.
- Each deck comes in its own cherrywood case and its own certificate of authenticity.
White Glazed Rose Earrings
- Real miniature white rose petals combined with 24k gold creates these pretty earrings.
- Each pair features 16 beautiful synthetic diamonds.
- Intricately detailed, a lifetime warranty accompanies these earrings.
24k Gold-Dipped Natural Rose
- A natural rose dipped in 24 karat gold.
- It perfectly combines the beauty of a rose and the majesty of fine gold.
- Presented in an exquisite leather case, and comes with a certificate of authenticity.
Tickets are probably the most obvious choice. It will, however, depend on your husband’s taste and preferences which kind of tickets you choose to purchase. Even though many tickets are now electronic, there is still the option of requesting or printing off a paper copy. So make sure you do this so that the gift ties in with the theme for your first year. Your budget might also have a bearing on the sort of ticket you choose. A movie ticket, if funds are a little tight at the moment, tickets for a West End show, a sporting event, or perhaps he’s like to share some time away with you, so tickets for a holiday would definitely fit the bill.
A surprise photo shoot
Photographs are an excellent way to preserve special memories, but unless you’re a David Bailey the pictures can sometimes be a disappointment. There is an alternative if you’d love to have photographs to die for, and ones that perfectly capture the emotions of the moment. A professional photo shoot is not as expensive as you might think. Some local photographers would even be happy to take the shots around your local town. Frame the finished images and you’ve got a perfect keepsake to hang on the wall, and another first wedding anniversary gift for your husband that shows you care.
A scrapbook of memories
A scrapbook is the kind of first wedding anniversary gift for your husband that he’ll carry with him throughout your married life. Fill it with memories, photos and keepsakes as you make your journey through married life together. Twenty or thirty years down the line, you’ll always enjoy looking back over the good times you’ve shared.
Turn one of your wedding photos into a paper silhouette
This is a cool first wedding gift for a husband, provided you’ve lots of photos from which to choose. There are talented artists online who will transform one of your wedding photos into a sentimental silhouette.
That was four great ideas to get you thinking about 1st anniversary gifts for your husband. Don’t worry if you’re still a bit overwhelmed, as we’re going to follow with more great ideas.
More ideas for first year anniversary gifts for him
- A newspaper, which could be the start of a new collection. One newspaper for every passing anniversary.
- A poster of your wedding day. Pick one of your favorite images from the day you got married and have it blown up poster size.
- A handwritten poem. If you think you might struggle to find the right words, don’t worry because there are lots you can borrow written by famous poets.
- If your partner loves to read then make your first wedding anniversary gifts for your husband a collection of novels by his favourite author, or a range of books covering one of his interests.
- If you’re a crafty kind of girl, turn your hand to making something out of papier mache. All it takes is some scrap paper, glue and a touch of imagination, and you’ll soon have yourself the perfect first year anniversary gift for him.
- The Chinese art of origami is another craft that you could try out. There are lots of informative sites that will take you through all the steps needed to create animals, heart shape, crowns, boats, butterflies and dragons.
- A pass, membership or licence related to one of his hobbies. For example, he might be longing to become a paid up member of a local gym, or is he in need of a current fishing licence? Perhaps he’s a bit of a history buff so a year’s membership to the National Trust would allow him to discover some of Britain’s hidden treasures.
With all these ideas, you’re going to have no problem finding a first wedding anniversary gift for your husband. At first you might have thought finding a gift with a paper theme would be a tall order, but now you can see this isn’t so.
Here’s wishing you a euphoric first anniversary and we hope you both enjoy a fun day.